Re: oracle cluster

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:13:55 -0800

Igor V.Karasiov wrote:

> mistake - cluster softwatr version - 9.2.0.2.0.44

I am passing this on to someone else I work with and asking him to get back to me if he can help with specifics.

I know, working with RedHat EL AS we must patch from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.4 to make it work. Assuming your o/s implementation isn't the problem these are the Linux steps:

Install 9.2.0.1 (2.2.0.12) installer (and only the installer) Install 9.2.0.1 cluster manager
Patch installer to 2.2.0.18
Patch cluster manager
Create missing directories on secondary node Create quorum file
Test cluster manager as root

	export ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/RAC92
	cd $ORACLE_HOME/oracm/bin
	./ocmstart.sh

Does any of this equate to what you did?

Only after cluster manager is error free do you go to the actual installation of the Oracle RDBMS and buiding a database.

Will get back to you soon if I get something.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu