Re: dbase 5.0 for dos

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:37:19 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know where can download the program "Dbase 5.0 for dos" ? thx.
>>

>> awmygawd - did it ever exist?
>> Searching the web I stumbled over www.dbase.com - make sure to upgrade
>> to dBase 5.7, if you want Y2K compliance...

> I thought 4 was the last version. Certainly the last one anyone cared
> about. Where would you get a copy of DOS these days? Now that would be
> interesting.

I believe I still have a few copies kicking about, DOS 5 or 6? on 5.25" floppies. I actually fire up the 486 now & then, if I want to bang out a quick spreadsheet to do some number crunching. I was really surprised at   (1) how fast the keystrokes came back to me when using lotus 123 and (2) how much FASTER it is to use than using mouse-driven excel etc..

I loved those simple command macros in 123 as well, and I still use PCTOOLS "disk revitalize" if I run into a corrupted floppy with a file I need on it, it seems to still be able to fix them when all others fail! Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 14:37:19 CST