Stop Oracle Service:

From: 'bonehead <senmenospam_at_here.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:10:55 -0800

I am an Oracle brand-spankin-newbie using 9i Personal on a Win2K workstation.

My CS instructor states that it is important to turn off the Oracle database service when quitting SQL+. However, he was not familiar with 9i so he could not show me how to do this. Presently I am just going to the Task Manager and ending the oracle.exe process there (I am also stopping the Oracle Apache server.)

  1. Is it correct that I should stop the database service when exiting SQL+? Why/Why Not? It seems like a reasonable thing to do, if only because of the system resources it consumes.
  2. If this is correct, am I doing it the right way? If not, what should I do instead?