Re: Self-Study CDs

From: curious <heyimjustcurious_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2004 00:03:07 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074663192.230601_at_yasure>...

> It would help to know the following:
>
> 1. What already do you know?
> 2. What are your previous experiences ... databases and languages?
> 3. Do you understand normalization?
> 4. What do you expect to get out of it?
>
> My general statement would be no. But I have been known to be wrong ...
> and I've been known to change my mind.

 I know theorectical aspect of DBMS including normalization, intergrity constraint, etc. and know intro level SQL and very little PL/SQL. Would I benefit from those cd ir should I just use the tutorials links provided such as sqlzooo.net, etc. first at this point before getting the self-study cd?

 I would like to achieve skill level of the 1st level of Oracle certificate quickly.

BTW, I know basic C, C++, Java, and some web programming languages but just basic level. Also a bit of visual basic. No .net or C# exposure yet. Received on Sat Jan 24 2004 - 02:03:07 CST