Re: Easy SQL & Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:30:50 -0800

T Welsh wrote:

> "Hi,
> I have recently started as part of some college work SQL / Oracle Version
> 3.3 "Windows 95".
>
> Please dont ask me why "Version 3.3", all i know is that the college
> computers are set up with this version on them.
>
> Could someone please give me any tips to any good websites that are
> available for learning purposes, maybe FAQ etc.
>
> Or any or goods sites that might give me an insite into how SQL works. At
> this stage i know very little about it, but i am keen to get started.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

Log on and you should see something like this:

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on Sun Jan 18 10:26:34 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL>

It is likely if you look again you will find that 3.3 is not the database but rather, as Bricklin points out, the SQL*Plus version.

Once you know the actual database version, I can assure you it isn't 3.3, here are some additional resources.

http://tahiti.oracle.com
http://otn.oracle.com
http://asktom.oracle.com

also ...