Re: SQL Commands to interact with Windows Files in 9iR2

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2004 18:17:19 -0600

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, hforbric_at_yahoo.net wrote:

> Flip side - I find reading bottom posts very irritating because
> of the lack of trimming and the need to scroll past relatively
> recent information to get to the meat.

I'm not sure why this is the flip side. This is my point. Bottom or top-posting, there are thousands upon thousands of posts where somebody cites the entire thread just to type a single sentence, maybe, "I agree" or "I disagree". Bottom or top-posting it doesn't matter. This is just plain wrong. Nowhere does it really affect you more than in google history research. With an entire thread cited, one has to wade through reams and reams of browser pages just to get to an answer.

The quality newreading development community will give the user the ability to adhere to the standards of usenet. Usually the Microsoft Outlook users just give up on adhering to the ettiguette cause their software makes it almost impossible to correctly cite, intermingle and trim their posts.

> But I put up with it, and do bottom post, simply because it's
> generally accepted ettiquette (when in Rome ...).

Bottom posting is the ettiquette because it is the only way intermingling makes since.

--
Galen Boyer