Re: DELETE statement with a JOIN

From: Rich Dillon <richdillon_at_no.spam>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:33:24 GMT

Jeff,

Without knowing which table contains the columns FKTEMPLATELIST and FKLIST, it's hard to say whether the standard equivalent of your proprietary code is:

DELETE
FROM DESCHYPLIST
WHERE FKINFO IN (
  SELECT FKINFO
  FROM TPLDESCLIST
  WHERE FKTEMPLATELIST = @FkTmpl and FKLIST = @PkList);

or

DELETE
FROM DESCHYPLIST
WHERE FKTEMPLATELIST = @FkTmpl AND FKINFO IN (   SELECT FKINFO
  FROM TPLDESCLIST
  WHERE FKLIST = @PkList);

or

DELETE
FROM DESCHYPLIST
WHERE FKLIST = @PkList AND FKINFO IN (
  SELECT FKINFO
  FROM TPLDESCLIST
  WHERE FKTEMPLATELIST = @FkTmpl);

but any of these statements should be easy to port to Oracle.

Hope that helps,
Rich