Server Message Translation

From: Nimmi <nimmi60_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 20:47:54 -0800

Hi,

I am using Oracle 9i as database and the frontend application in PowerBuilder 8 which will be installed in English or French Version per user basis. I was successful in translating the frontend text and error messages. Please let me know how to translate the server messages from English to French for a PARTICULAR SESSION ( per user) in ORACLE. I have a multi lingual database.

For ex:

SQL> select * from t;

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
should appear as
ORA-00942: table ou vue inexistante

I used NLS_LANG parameter for date, currency etc., but for changing the messages the parameter needs to be set in init.ora which is common for all sessions in the instance and I don't need that.

Your help is appreciated. Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 22:47:54 CST