Re: Export into SQL Script

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 14:00:23 -0800

"Anton Güntsch" <a.guentsch_at_bgbm.org> wrote in message news:<bu10lo$ri2$1_at_news.cs.tu-berlin.de>...
> Hi,
> with PostgreSQL it is possible to export an entire database (data,
> structure, permissions, etc.) into an SQL script. The script can then be
> used to re-create the database just by running it on a different database
> server. Could you please tell me whether this is also possible for Oracle
> databases?
>
> Thanks
> Anton

To do what you specifically requested would required some programming on your part. To achieve the equivalent effect (move data from one ORACLE server to another), just requires use of the export and import commands (exp and imp, respectively). The export file is not SQL, or rather it is not a regular text file, but it will achieve the operation you desire.

You'll find it all in the manuals (you will read them won't you?)

 HTH,
  ed Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 16:00:23 CST