Re: Crystal Reports 8.5 with Oracle 9i

From: Adam Brasic <adam.brasic_at_cgey.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 10:34:10 -0800

Turkbear and Dan-

   Thanks for the input. The oracle DB we are using is 9i- I only mentioned 8i as that was the latest version that the DB team at Crystal Decisions(Business Objects) said was reliably supported by CR 8.5.

   Anyway, we are reaching do or die status on the project here, and the input that you both had on CR 9 is somewhat sobering. I believe that I will try a re-install of CR 8.5, and then see if that clears up any of the connectivity issues that I'm facing. If that doesn't work, then I hope that they don't shoot the messenger (when I tell them that none of the above is working ;-)

   I appreciate your insite and your replies- I'll post back with final resolution of the problem.

                                                           Adam