Re: package oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver does not exits

From: Olaf Heimburger <olaf_at_hobbes.in-berlin.de>
Date: 09 Jan 2004 21:03:40 +0100

smoo <smoo_at_ah.no.com> writes:

> Under system and also user options or entries. My application will now
> compole but it will not run once i have tomcat running. the error
> message from tomcat indicates the error at the bottom, and the text in
> that error seems to indicate that tomcat cannot find this class either.

First remove the settings from the global CLASSPATH. It's just plain ugly and only leads to errors.

There are three choices:
1. Include the classes12.zip in the WEB-INF/lib directory

   of your WAR file
2. Copy the classes12.zip to the WEB-INF/lib directory of your

   application tree in the Tomcat installation 3. Copy the classes12.zip to the $TOMCAT/lib directory and configure a

   DataSource (the best solution)

BTW, I hope you're not using DriverManager.registerDriver() in your application. It's not allowed in the J2EE specs and also a bad practice. Better use a DataSource and configure the database settings in the server.

--olaf Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 14:03:40 CST