Re: Beneath the valley of the revenge of the living dead green card lawyers.

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 05:44:24 -0800

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0401071400.2ff3372e_at_posting.google.com>...
> Apologies in advance if this is flamebait.
>
> I read this proposal from Bush, and just couldn't help but imagine
> hordes of vertically-challenged ratio-tuners invading America and
> taking our jobs. I couldn't help but think that this will make H1-B
> seem like the good old days. I wish it were a joke. All I can do is
> take consolation in the hope that it will piss off everybody from
> conservative Republicans to bleeding-heart liberals to Juan in the
> lettuce fields and fade away as a political mis-step.
>
> Here it is: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/wed/news/news_1n7immig.html
>
> Same newspaper, spin-doctored as to whether it would affect us
> technoweenies: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20040107-1215-bush-immigration.html
>
> We can't really know until it turns into legislation.
>
> jg

The CinC appears to be Teflon (c) coated. This is a lame idea and as much as I like him this is still a lame idea.

My mother-in-law came here the old fashioned way. She went through proper procedures.

All this law tells potential illegals is that it's every man for himself. Old rule of law means nothing. The long-standing definition of what a country is is being turned on it's ear. We're letting other people drive the car. It's our car, let's drive it ourselves.

Greg Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 07:44:24 CST