Re: Connect php to oracle

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:29:31 +0000

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:16:58 +0100, Tore Skogly <tore.skogly_at_no.spam.invalid> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply.
>I changed from double to single quotes, but with the same result.
>Unfortunately it didn't help me any further....
>
>I removed all environment settings from the php-page and tried to add a
>third parameter (the tnsnames.ora entry) to OCILogon().
>This resulted in the following output from my php page:
>
>=====================
>Connection Test
>Warning: ocilogon(): _oci_open_server: Error while trying to retrieve text
>for error ORA-12154 in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oci8test.php on line 4
>Oracle Connect Error
>
>As you notice the ORA error message changed from 12538 to 12154, but still
>no Oracle connection...

 Check permissions on your Oracle home. By default, the user your web server runs as will not have read or execute permission on it - you may have to grant it to the IIS guest account, depending on how you've got your web server set up.

>Environment settings TNS_ADMIN and ORACLE_HOME have been set using "My
>Computer" -> "advanced" ->.... too.

 What have they been set to?

--
Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
<http://www.andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space>