Beneath the valley of the revenge of the living dead green card lawyers.

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 14:00:28 -0800

Apologies in advance if this is flamebait.

I read this proposal from Bush, and just couldn't help but imagine hordes of vertically-challenged ratio-tuners invading America and taking our jobs. I couldn't help but think that this will make H1-B seem like the good old days. I wish it were a joke. All I can do is take consolation in the hope that it will piss off everybody from conservative Republicans to bleeding-heart liberals to Juan in the lettuce fields and fade away as a political mis-step.

Here it is: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/wed/news/news_1n7immig.html

Same newspaper, spin-doctored as to whether it would affect us technoweenies: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20040107-1215-bush-immigration.html

We can't really know until it turns into legislation.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"San Diego - America's Finest Tourist Plantation." - Bus bilboard art,