Trigger

From: Jeevan <jeevankishore_at_mailcity.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 13:00:05 -0800

I am writing a trigger in database A, which calls a Procedure in database B. I get some values back from database B, depending on those values I raise exceptions in the trigger. If there are no errors then I am allowing the insert. There is no problem with this part. Here is the problem part
If there is any problem with the database B (down/invalid procedure) then this trigger is not working. It is going into invalid state and stopping the process, I don't want to happen this. If there is any problem with other database then it should allow the insert. I don't know how to deal with this. I invalidated the procedure on the database B and tried to insert the values into the table on database A, but trigger is going into invalid state and it is stopping the process.
Any help on this appreciated.
Thanks
- Jeevan Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 15:00:05 CST