Re: package oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver does not exits

From: Olaf Heimburger <olaf_at_hobbes.in-berlin.de>
Date: 07 Jan 2004 20:10:05 +0100

smoo <smoo_at_uh.no.com> writes:

> Hello all. This is my first post here on this board, I did cross post
> since I was not sure if it would be more a Java or Oracle question.
>
> I am getting the error message in the subject and cannot locate the
> oracle.jdbc.driver path. Does anyone know what the location of this
> class is so I can add it to my classpath variable?
>
> I am using windows 2000 professional
> java j2sdk1.4.2_03 and tomcat-4.1.27
> also oracle8i for the database.
>
> I have added a data source in the ODBC sources, within the control
> panels in addition to the other sources.

The JDBC driver is in the directory %ORACLE_HOME%/jdbc/lib as the file classes12.jar or classes12.zip. I prefer to use an application specific CLASSPATH than setting the system wide CLASSPATH environment variable (ie. java -cp %ORACLE_HOME%/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar).

--olaf Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 13:10:05 CST