Rollback doesn't work with OO4O/COM+

From: Marcus Warm <porsche_at_mwvb.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:14:24 +0100

Everytime when I call GetObjectContext.DisableCommit or .SetAbort the cursor does not disappear. After calling several times DisableCommit Oracle can not create cursors any more.
There will be no cursor after calling SetComplete. What's wrong? Oracle bug?

Background: I call an ASP-page which shows via SYSTEM-login and a COM+/VB6/OO4O class the V$OPEN_CURSOR table. DisableCommit makes that table longer and longer - until the server computer (=IIS) accepts no requests anymore (= too many cursors). There seems to be no way to free cursors in OO4O.

I use:
- Windows Server 2003, IIS6, COM+

Marcus

COMplus, Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS), Oracle Objects for OLE, Oracle, transactions, rollback, commit Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 05:14:24 CST