Re: Trubble installing oracle 9i personal edition

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 05:42:47 -0800

i_:hate_spam wrote:

> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073319595.570567_at_yasure>...
>

>>i_:hate_spam wrote:
>>

>>>Hi there. I have downloaded oracle 9i personal edition. But i cant
>>>install it on my computer.
>>>What happens is i open the universal installer and press next /
>>>continue and the whole program crashes. I get a standard windows error
>>>message saying something about javaw error.
>>>Has anyone got a clue to whats causing this error.
>>>

>>>Thanxs
>>
>>No. Because you didn't think it important to state what operating system
>>and version or provide the actual error message. A description of the
>>hardware, especially amount of RAM, would also be valuable.

> Os : windows 98
> RAM : 64
>
> Now i have run oracle 8i personal edition on my computer before. I get
> the same error when i try to install oracle 8i personal edition.
> Could this be a JRE error ?

Not if all yo have is 64MB RAM. I'd suggest looking at the installation documents, something you should have done long ago, to learn both the minimum hardware requirement as well so you can follow the installation instructions.

My recommendation would be a real machine (256MB min.) with a real operating system (Linux or at least W2K ... not XP) and a current version of Oracle (9.2.0.1 min).

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)