Re: Book Review: "SQL Tuning" by Dan Tow

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:59:01 -0800

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1073054761.934477_at_yasure...
> If this gets any more toady please move the thread to c.d.o.marketplace.
>
> I'm not arguing that the book isn't valuable. But this verbiage has
> clearly crossed the line into sales promotion and that has no place in a
> book review or in these usenet groups.
>
> BTW: A review isn't just about pointing out the strengths it is also
> about pointing out the weaknesses. Try some objectivity and help your
> group readers by identifying some of them.

Let me get this straight. I entered review because a year ago I was thinking about writing very similar book. The main book theme was supposed to be "How to file a bug against oracle optimizer":-), but the other ideas were very similar to Dan's. Incidentally, I submited book proposal to the same publisher! Received on Fri Jan 02 2004 - 12:59:01 CST