CMCLogon error when trying to send alerts email messages

From: Adrienne Lovell <alovell_at_saci.org>
Date: 30 Dec 2003 12:08:20 -0800

I am using Oracle Applications 11.5.7 on Windows 2000 SP2. There is a feature in OA by which we can create alerts. The alerts send emails if something in the OA needs to be done.. But when I use it , I get an error saying :

ENTER alscmc(), mailhdr ptr: 0x12f498
ENTER alusma()
alusma() obtained mail acct, name: OALERT, returning TRUE ENTER InitCMC()
ENTER sndfCMCInstalled(), checking reg for mail installation. using reg key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem, valueCMC
sndfCMCInstalled(), CMC val is "1", mail is present, returning TRUE InitCMC(), CMC is installed
InitCMC: GetProfileString, section Mail, option CMCDLLNAME32, returned: mapi32.dll
InitCMC: completed LoadLibrary
InitCMC: completed all GetProcAddress for CMC (MAPI) lib, returning TRUE
alscmc(): setup and InitCMC completed without error ENTER m_logon(), wrapper for CMCLogon
mail_server: ctrc7.saci.org, account: OALERT, session_id ptr: 0x12f130 m_logon: CMCLogon failed, rc: 0x13, 19 (dec) alscmc(): failed m_logon, rc: 0x13 (19 dec), return FALSE APP-ALR-04124: Oracle Alert was unable to deliver your message
(ROUTINE=alssmn_email)
(FILE=H:/appldev/alr/11.5.0/src/sendmail/alssmn.c) (LINE=208)

    To: alovell_at_saci.org (ROUTINE=alssmn_email)
(FILE=H:/appldev/alr/11.5.0/src/sendmail/alssmn.c) (LINE=210)

    Subject: Summary of large or fragmented tables
(ROUTINE=alssmn_email)
(FILE=H:/appldev/alr/11.5.0/src/sendmail/alssmn.c) (LINE=213)

When I go to Metalink to query the CMCLOGON, I found the document about the
send32.exe. It is describing the same error as the one I have in my log.
I don't have it working with my test, but is it something I should look into?
I found the send32.exe, but I don't have a clue how it works; it is part of an executable named: SendRec_setup.exe

Can anybody help me to figure out if it is the right path or not?

Thank you,

Adrienne Lovell Received on Tue Dec 30 2003 - 14:08:20 CST