Re: Xvfb X-server emulator and Oracle 11i reports server

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 23 Dec 2003 21:33:30 -0800

"Matt" <nospam_at_fred.net> crossposted in several newsgroups

> We are running Oracle Financials 11i on Solaris8, the machine in question in
> a SunFire F12K domain and has no directly attached console.
<snipped>

[crosspostings removed]

Am not of much help here, except to say that I'm using Xvfb on Linux with 9iAS and it works fine.

The only problem I had was with xauth'ing which I dealt with a large hammer and a command line switch. :-)

> I can get a simple X application like xclock to start against the pseudo
> Xserver but when the Oracle 11i ar60runb job is run to produce bitmap
> reports it returns a REP-3000 error

What does the details of that error tell? Have you tried to xwd the virtual screen when this happens to see what (if anything) has been displayed on it?

> Oracle support are not too helpful regarding this error, their documentation
> says that if xlock will start then all should be okay.

That's what I would think too.

--
Billy