To many cursors.. runtime problem

From: Filiz Duman <none_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:46:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am doing some ORACLE web applications programming (PLSQL, package programming e.g.body/spec) and creating JavaScript code dynamically using cursors in order to do the client site validation. (.e.g. reading values out of the database and fill drop down boxes within a web page and checking dependencies between drop down boxes, refreshing the web page if a specific element is selected in the dropdown box which effects the content of other boxes (altogether around 15 boxes)).

In order to do this I have to run multiple cursors. The only problem I am now facing is that it takes quite a while to reload the web pages because of the cursors. I have set the indexes correctly in my tables, but still it did not effect the time of reloading.

Any ideas or suggestions in order to rebuild my pages quickly ?

Thanks. Received on Tue Dec 23 2003 - 03:46:45 CST