Re: SELECT col INTO :sqlplus_bind_vars.

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2003 17:54:51 -0800

farmer_at_netnet.net (Mark A Framness) wrote in message news:<8168768c.0312220742.2502dabe_at_posting.google.com>...
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to something along the lines of
>
> variable a_bind_var DATE
>
> select sysdate
> into :a_bind_var
> from dual;
>
> Is this possible in SQL+? I see it is possible to use bind variables
> to hold returns from functions and procedures. This is not the only
> way I know of to do what I want to do, but if possible it is my first
> choice.
>
> Thank You,
> Mark

By placing a BEGIN before the query and an END after the query you will have converted the statement into pl/sql and since bind variables can be passed between SQLPlus and pl/sql you will have working code. You can use the SQLPlus print command to see the results.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Dec 22 2003 - 19:54:51 CST