Novice question: Tablespaces and Users

From: Dave Pylatuk <davep_at_centurysystems.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:39:36 -0500

Hello all.

I am running oracle 8.1.7 on a server with the following tablespace:

Client1_DB

This tablespace has many tables all owned by a user named 'John' for example John.table1
John.table2

I would like to have the following tablespaces on the same physical server:

Client1_DB

    John.table1
    John.table2

Client2_DB

    John.table1
    John.table2

Client9_DB

    John.table1
    John.table2

As indicated above, all tables in each tablespace must be owned by the same user.
Each tablespace will contain exactly the same set of tables.

I not an Oracle expert and am sure this can be done, I just do not know how.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dave Received on Thu Dec 18 2003 - 14:39:36 CST