Re: LONG RAW type and ODBC within Visual C++ 6

From: Philippe CASTELLA <philippe.castella_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:15:35 +0100

"FaheemRao" <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 43b58913.0312180841.421936b7_at_posting.google.com...
> Philippe,
>
> You are not overriding the OPEN member function of CRecordSet?
No

> Did you try Open directly from CRecordset?
>
> here is the description of the error which you are getting
>

> ///////////////
> ORA-03127 no new operations allowed until the active operation ends
>
> Cause: An attempt was made to execute a new operation before the
> active non-blocking operation completed or a new operation was
> attempted before all the pieces of a column were inserted or fetched.
>
> Action: Execute the new operation after the non-blocking operation
> completes. If piecewise binds/defines were done, execute the new
> operation after all the pieces have been inserted or fetched.
> ////////////////////
>

> I looks like you trying to open a CRecordset within an other
> recordset which generating this error.
>
> If this is the case then Close the first Crecordset them open new one.
>
> Please explain in more detail.

In fact, the problem is that my code works fine with Access or SQL Server... the problem is only with Oracle...

  1. connection to the database CDatabase m_DB;

 m_DB.Open("TEST_DB",

                  FALSE,
                  FALSE,
                  "ODBC;uid=CODE;pwd=MDP");

2) I use a CRecordset derived class

 CdbImages dbImages(&m_DB);
 dbImages.Open();

3) nothing... I receive the message since I call Open()

If there is no data in the table => no error but since there is only a row => ORA-03127 In fact, I read somewhere there would be a problem with Oracle ODBC and reading LONG RAW data... and I think it's the case because my code works well with SQL Server and Access... and visibly it works when Inserting (I cannot be sure because I can't read it except with sql+) but a row is created with all fields filled) a row but not when reading...

So, now I am looking for a solution to make the ODBC driver read correctly LONG RAW fields...

Philippe CASTELLA Received on Thu Dec 18 2003 - 11:15:35 CST