Re: sql statement to find carriage return

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2003 06:58:55 -0800

"Bill Thomason" <billthomason_at_charter.net> wrote in message news:<vtv76o279scc64_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> what an asshole
>
> "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:33:14 -0500, "Bill Thomason"
> > <billthomason_at_charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > >I am looking for a simple sql statement to find carriage returns in an
> > >orical 9i database.
> > >i haven't been able to find anything to help
> > >
> > >Thanks
> > >Bill
> > >

> > Realise carriage return can be represented as chr(13).
> > Realise you can use the function instr to search for chr(13)
> > Now look in appropiate places in the sql reference and complete your
> > homework assignment
> >

> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Looks to me like the question was answered, there was no yelling or cursing, no lying. As to whether or not it's really homework, it could have been homework on the 3rd day of Oracle SQL class 201. It was actually a nicer way for him to say RTFM, which he didn't. You're taking this all the wrong way. Enjoy the help, it's free.

Good luck
Greg Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 08:58:55 CST