Re: sql statement to find carriage return

From: the spammers have won :-( <"the>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:07:39 +0200

Bill Thomason wrote:

> what an asshole
>
> "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>

>>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:33:14 -0500, "Bill Thomason"
>><billthomason_at_charter.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I am looking for a simple sql statement to find carriage returns in an
>>>orical 9i database.
>>>i haven't been able to find anything to help
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Bill
>>>

>>Realise carriage return can be represented as chr(13).
>>Realise you can use the function instr to search for chr(13)
>>Now look in appropiate places in the sql reference and complete your
>>homework assignment
>>

>>--
>>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Bill,
Sybrand regularly posts to the "comp.databases.oracle.*" newsgroups. Most of his posts have similar tone and content to the above. Anyone who regularly monitors these newsgroups is well aware of that. It would appear that you do not regularly monitor these newsgroups. Perhaps if you would become more involved in these newsgroups (rather than use them as a free 'solve-my-problems-for-me' service), you would get a lot more benefit from them.

(By the way, your spelling of 'orical' implies you don't have much experience with that, either.)

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 02:07:39 CST