Re: VARCHAR2: NULL value vs. empty string

From: NoName <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:31:36 +0100

> is there _any_ way (Server Parameter?) to make Oracle store empty
> strings in Varchar2s without converting them to NULL?

Thanks, Oracle, that automatically convert empty strings into NULL values!!!

I've been working using a RDB which did differences between empty and nulls... oh, what a mess... in testing, sorting, searching... a nightmare!

Just a curiosity, why do you need to distinguish NULLS from empties? Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 09:31:36 CST