Storing/retrieving BLOBs with JSPs

From: Ryan Stewart <zaphod_at_no.texas.spam.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:54:29 -0600

I am in extremely urgent need (by tomorrow) of a way to store files in and retrieve files from an Oracle database using TopLink as an intermediary. I have the JSPs for it, and it works for small files, but larger ones like Word documents and Excel Spreadsheets give an error saying that the data is too large for the field. Can anyone help with this? Our file object has a fileData field which is an array of bytes which is mapped in TopLink to the BLOB field of the database. As I said, it works for very small files like a small GIF image, but with larger ones, I believe the error number is 17002, a database error. I'm sorry I don't have any more details, but I don't have access to the project at the moment. Any solutions/help/nudges in the right direction are greatly appreciated

--
Ryan Stewart, A1C USAF
805 CSPTS/SCBE