Re: Oracle's Mission Statement

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:12:39 -0500

You must be a business major.

Oracle's mission is the same as every other publicly traded company. No matter what anyone claims their mission to be, it is: Turn a profit back to the stockholders. Any other wording of a "mission statement" is just a bunch of B.S.

Here's a mssion statement for the XYZ products company: Provide our customers with leading edge products, exceptional customer service, and outstanding value.

Here's one for the ABC Services Corporation: Provide our customers with leading edge customer service, outstanding products, and exceptional value.

And for HIJ Enterprises: Provide our customers with leading edge value, outstanding customer service and exceptional products.

What do you expect? "Provide our customers with a pile of crap, charge a lot for it, and make them look for answers on their own."??? Okay, so Microsoft already has that one.