Poor man's data warehousing - Was: PLSQL: how to test if a table exists?

From: jhking <jhking_at_airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:21:45 -0600

You may well be right. I (fortunately) learn new things every day. One of the issues that lead me down the execute immediate path is that the client wants to be able to add sites (currently at 40) without having to   call me in to write a bunch of code.
The process is run a sql*plus script to create the dblink and add a row to a site table to enable processing. If you'd care to share a pointer or two about how to do that 40 site processing and allow user adds to the list of sites, I'd be very interested to hear it. Just in case this sounds sarcastic when you read it I'm not trying to be

   a smart guy here. You may well have insights I don't and I'd appreciate any of them.
I had considered writing a code generating package so they could fire the script and get a new set of packages for the new site, but I was afraid I'd wind up with 300 tables * 40 sites = 12,000 packages and 300 new ones every time the client added a site. The 300 packages are scary enough, but those I did create via a some tables and generating the per-table packages.