Re: WebAlchemy - is Alan Hobbs still around ?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 00:19:22 -0800

Norman Dunbar wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:44:04 -0800, Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>>I would think Howard or one of our other correspondents from Oz could
>>research this one for you.

> Morning Daniel,
>
> Possibly true - if they have time, I'd be grateful. I've failed to get
> through the email bounces for all possible permutations of Allan, a, h and
> Hobbs with and without dots and underscores in the name :o(
>
> Anyway, I've noticed that Oz is very quiet these last few days. I suspect
> Howard is working hard on his new business, but Nuno and Richard have
> simply vanished !
>
> I suspect alien abduction. :o)
>

> Cheers,
> Norm.

Well with their football teams and not having a decent beer to drink what can we expect?

If that doesn't get them here nothing will. ;-)

Based on a search at http://www.google.com.au/ for "Hobbs" AND "Oracle" AND "Australia" I can at least tell you his name is "Alan Hobbs" and his email address, at one time was: ahobbs_at_au.oracle.com. But refining the search with his first name properly spelled I found

http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/WebAlchemy/WebAlchemy.htm and
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0754615901/bridgebooks/104-5980351-3904712 and
http://www.geocities.com/eddie_kaul/index_alumni.html leading me to believe you can find him at: Alan Hobbs 0409 339 440 ahobbs_at_bigpond.com

HTH