Oracle Index Question

From: no-spam <rc_at_(no-spam)!@!bhfshops.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:40:24 GMT

Hi

I am new to Oracle. We have a Oracle 8i running on Solaris 8 (Sparc) Any way I have a question re indexes...

we have this scenario
table1.col1, table1.col2 and table2.col1

the common field between the two tables is col1...

When running queries I cannot use inner or outer joins or use oracle hints because I have no control over the application that generates the query.

Is there any kind of index I can apply to table1.col1, table1.col2 and table2.col1 that will spead up my queries.

Some thing like a foregin key index etc.. but I donot know. If any one can make any suggestion ?

Thanks Received on Wed Dec 03 2003 - 06:40:24 CST