Re: Find a location given approximate latitude and longitude near the location

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:04:38 GMT

Dimitri Rotow wrote:

> You know, I went to the Oracle store link and didn't see any support
> contract prices. From your experience what would a typical range of prices
> be?

Support (from most vendors) is generally a percentage of product pricing. Note that Oracle has different levels of support and 'Software Update' appears to be the basic one as it seems to be a pre-req to others.

You may have to look harder, or you may have to initiate (and cancel) an order. You can also a peek at the generic price and license info at http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/ It was on the online invoice when I ordered some products a few weeks ago.

Given the hassle-free 'all you can eat' nature of their support contracts, I don't hesitate to get the support. (The one I get includes unlimited updates, patches, support calls and trouble tickets as well as self-service searches.)

/Hans Received on Tue Dec 02 2003 - 11:04:38 CST