fnd_find error

From: Mark R <mark_at_nospam-pickerel-lake.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:05:29 -0600

First of all, if this is the wrong group for this question, I would appreciate guidance for where it should be posted.

We are in the process of updating our prd instance from 8.0.6.3 to 8.1.7.4. OS is HP/UX 11.11. This is the instance we are running Oracle Apps from.

The problem we are getting is when fnd_find is being called. When calling fnd_file as follows:

fnd_file.put_line(fnd_file.log, 'Tomorrow ' || 'l_day_of_week')

After single stepping through fnd_file.put_line everything appears to be OK until I get to the procedure open_files for the "fnd" package.

I have an out_fname set to o0017834.tmp. But the next step calls utl_file.fopen with a null directory path.

Init.ora is set with the proper path that we expect to use. The problem is how do I get fnd_file to get the default directory to write the files to?

The DBA group is stumped on this one and Oracle support so far has not been able to resolve this. As this is in prd, we are starting to get some pressure to resolve this.

I believe this is a simple issue to resolve, but just don't know where to look.

Mark Received on Tue Dec 02 2003 - 10:05:29 CST