ORA-00904 & JDBC: get name of invalid column

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:46:44 +0100

Hello all,

does anybody know of a method, to access the offending column name when you receive an "ORA-00904: invalid column name" through JDBC?

SQL*Plus tries to put an asterix below the name of the column, but I have not found a way to retrieve the wrong name when receiving this error through JDBC.

I have tried the warnings supplied on the Statement and the Connection object, and I have checked if there are any messages available from the dbms_output but to no avail. The SQLException itself does not seem contain any additional information.

Is it possible at all to retrieve this information from the JDBC driver, or am I hunting for something impossible?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Thomas Received on Tue Dec 02 2003 - 03:46:44 CST