Re: Assign for a fixed time

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:26:50 GMT

Paul wrote:

> Hi there,
> Does anyone know how you would assign something for a fixed time? I have a
> pointer to a table and in this table I want to set the state of an attribute
> to 'allocated' for a fixed time.
> Many thanks.
> Paul

Not sure I understand the question. You might try an example to clarify.

Guessing at what you are trying to accomplish:

initial: tab.col = null
time x: tab.col = 'Allocated'
time x+y: tab.col = 'Free'

If so, then you might want to look at Workflow - it's built into the database and *IIRC* it can handle triggering based on time/duration, tab.col content transitions as well as event.

Full docco supplied under 9i App Server. Thgis because the latest incarnation has strong ties to message queueing (Oracle Advanced Queueing) and therefore it's considered a part of Oracle's integration strategy. Received on Mon Dec 01 2003 - 16:26:50 CST