Re: "We don't do triggers"

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:19:07 GMT

Jan Korecki wrote:

> Eh... can you clarify if it is SQLJ or Java Stored Procedures that
> oracle is deprecating? (i guess you mean JSP but im double checking)
>
> Where can i find that information? I nerver heard that before.

The industry in general seems to be deprecating JSQL, of which SQLJ is Oracle's implementation. Most developers I've talked to seem to prefer JDBC or using the J2EE data source interaction methods. I've heard comments that SQLJ will disappear eventually.

You might also be referring to JServ. IIRC, JServ was Oracle's original guess at what the Java Server Pages (yet another JSP) spec was going to implement. Since there were some differences between JServ and Java Server Pages, I believe they've deprecated JServ as well.

Unless I've missed something (quite possible), I see no hint that Oracle plans to ditch Java Stored Procedures. They've made some dramatic changes in the JVM to database interaction over the years and revised their thought on the original implementation - is that your reference? Received on Fri Nov 28 2003 - 16:19:07 CST