Re: "We don't do triggers"

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:14:25 -0800

Volker Hetzer wrote:

> "Frank" <fbortel_at_nescape.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bq34ho$qr$1_at_news4.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
>

>>What if you have customers that wish your product to run
>>on a variaty of backends?
>>Makes sense to put (1 version!) of the business rules in
>>the middle tier to me. Use the database just as a pool of data;
>>no logic

> What if they wish to use a variety of middle tiers?
>
> Greetings!
> Volker

You see if it a bad thing to force a single database. But perfectly fine to force a single front-end and middle-tier. Why?
Because it is the only thing they know.
And what they know is good and wonderful and smells like flowers And what they don't know is dark and evil and conspiratorial

Throwing logic in the face of dogma?
What kind of anarchist are you? ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan