Server output not printing

From: Young Seeker <cutelittleyoungseeker_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2003 12:00:39 -0800

Hi,

I have a simple pl/sql script and I want to print a line. I'm using

dbms_output.put_line('Test');

when I run the script, it doesn't print anything on the screen.

Any help?

P.S. 1. before running the script, i do the following

             SQL>set serveroutput on size 1000000
             SQL>set feedback on

     2. I don't have the script defining any procedure or function. It
is just a declare-begin-exception-end block.
     3. I've tried to print out any exception, but no exception occurs
     4. The script runs fine and does what it is supposed to do. (e.g.
i have a couple of bind variables which i am populating in the script - and they have the right values after the script is run.)

     5. I tried searching for this on the web and on oracle help and all i could get was the do what I mentioned in P.S. 1. And then 'it should work'. but it doesn't .

     Any ideas???

     Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 14:00:39 CST