Re: Solaris9/Oracle9i interupt problem with E4500

From: hfv <wwcorigan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:22:40 GMT

I don't think its an Oracle thing. I give the following commands and resulint times. This using a single cpu, Using multiple cpu actually makes things slower. I point out that while using /*+ APPEND*/ does help, it doesn't solve t he problem. I give the Rehat/PC times for the same command

set timing on

insert into sales10a
nologging
select *
from sh.sales;

4500 - 03:26:02 pc - 00:11:40

insert /*+ APPEND*/ into sales10a
nologging
select *
from sh.sales;

4500- 02:06:32 pc- 00:09:91

No indexes, no constraints. You can see the difference between the commands, but they are still an order of magnitude between the platforms.

Thanks
hvf