JDBC thin driver and sql_trace

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:32:03 +0100

Hello all,

I'm trying to get sql_trace enabled from a Java based front end, which connects through the JDBC thin driver to a 8.1.7 database.

When I fire up SQL*Plus and issue ALTER SESSION SET sql_trace = true; I get my trace files written to disk.

When I do the same through JDBC (same user, same server, same instance) the trace files are not written. I tried it also with a small test program but still no trace file were generated.

Am I missing something? Do I need to pass additional parameters when connecting in order to get sql_trace enabled?

I tried this with the 8.1.7 driver (classes12.zip) and the new 9.2 driver (ojdbc14.jar) - no difference. JDK was 1.4.2

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Thomas Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 16:32:03 CST