Re: Oracle OLE driver without client install

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:47:18 -0000

If you mean the OLEDB driver then you can buy a 3rd party driver that doesn't require the client. However all Oracle or MS Supplied drivers require the client.

I'm interested as to what the reasons are for saying installing a client is a bad idea, I can't see any reasons not to install the appropriate client for the RDBMS I am using.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA