General Database Guide

From: A Nony Mouse <anonymouse_at_haha.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:36:21 -0500

Hi all...

I work in user support and am trying to broaden my knowledge about relational databases...

Our company here runs Oracle, and I was looking for a good general introduction to databases in general, or Oracle in particular.

I searched on google, and there's sooooo much stuff to pick through. I visited Oracle's site and found this:
http://oracle-docs.dartmouth.edu/dba-docs/920doc/server.920/a96524.pdf

But that guide seems to be shooting just a little higher (conceptually) than I am ready for... Also poked around on the Linux documentation project site...

Does anyone have some suggested on book/pdfs/webpages that have good, fundamental stuff on databases (if particular to Oracle, so be it)?

Perhaps that pdf I found at Oracle is the best thing... If so, I'll just suck it up and deal.

Thanks,
  <oo>
   /|||||\

Mouse. Received on Fri Nov 21 2003 - 11:36:21 CST