oracle 9i install

From: Lawrence Traub <ltraub_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:48:08 GMT

I'm trying to install Oracle 9i on a RedHat 9.0 Linux box. I have an one gig swap file and about 572 MB of ram. I have two drives. The second drive is mounted as /opt. I've created the following directories /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 and /var/opt/oracle and have set the permistions to 777 on both directories. I've also created the oracle user account and as well as the oinstall and dba groups.

The problem I'm having is when I run runInstall I get either an input/output error (when I run from the cdrom) or a binary file error when I run it from the hard drive.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong or point me to a web site that can show me how what needs to be done to install Oracle 9i.

Thanks. Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 16:48:08 CST