Re: SQL with no output

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:03:48 -0500

actually ECHO refers to echoing the SQL statements and SQL*Plus commands

besides some of the other suggestions (depending on how much you want to modify the scripts)

  1. nest the statement in a count() statement, i.e. select count(<some non-indexes column)) from ( select ... from ... )
  2. use the following SQL*Plus commands set termout off spool some_output_file <run commands from a script file> set termout on

then do a grep or FIND on the spool file for 'Elapsed'

#1 will be slightly skewed, since the actual rows aren't returned #2 will be fairly accurate, except for the latency of screen updates which is eliminated by the TERMOUT OFF