Q regarding sqlplus

From: Praveen <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:34:32 -0800

Hi..All,

     I have a database installed on a server X listening to port 1653.

I login to the same machine & at the prompt I execute the command sqlplus userid/passwd & it automatically connects me to the database & I get the SQL prompt.

I did set the variables $ORACLE_SID, $ORACLE_HOME. But there is no tnsnames.ora.

So, how does SQLPLUS know that it has to connect to the same machine & that too on port 1653 (AFAIK default is 1521).

Regards,

P Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 13:34:32 CST