Re: No LDAP instances are currently running

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 11:23:58 -0800

Ňscar Pérez del Campo <operez_at_carver-as.homeip.net> wrote in message news:<bpflgj$1lnukd$2_at_ID-212792.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> When I try to start the "Internet Directory" through the Oracle
> Enterprise Manager website, I allways get this error: "No LDAP instances
> are currently running".
> But I've checked that there's a LDAP server started.
> Maybe I should change a parameter (I don't know where) for the server
> instance or port?
> I'm using Windows 2000.
>
> Tanks for your time.
>
> Ňscar

You need both (using an msdos box with the ORACLE_HOME defined and %ORACLE_HOME%\bin on the PATH):

oidmon start
oidctl server=oidldapd instance=1 start

You should see both oidservice and some oidldapd's in Task Manager.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/tue/business/news_1b18overland.html