Re: sql*loader import file into oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:41:03 -0800

Tomo wrote:

> I'm trying to import text file into some oracle table.
> I created control file, and text file, create table ..and run sqlldr80 from
> command promt..
> Imort was not succesfull..error occurs..sql*loader-524:partial record found
> at end of data file (proba.ctl)
> See what i done, and please help me..
> CREATING TABLE
> *******************
> create tabale example(
> column1 number(3),
> column2 char(3))
> *******************
> CREATING CONTROL FILE
> *******************
> LOAD DATA
> INFILE 'EXAMPLE.DAT'
> INTO TABLE EXAMPLE
> (COLUMN1 POSITION (01:03) INTEGER EXTERNAL,
> COLUMN2 POSITION (04:06) CHAR)
> *********************
> CONTENT OF EXAMPLE.DAT FILE (after "C" Carriage Return)
> ********************
> 123ABC
> 234DEF
> ********************
> text written in command prompt
> *********************
> sqlldr80 tomo/kokos_at_beq-local.world control = 'example.ctl'
> data='example.dat'
> *******************
> all files are placed in root c:\
> PLEASE HELP ME!! WHERE I DID IT WRONG?!!

Several things are wrong.

First you have an obsolete version of
Oracle. No reason not to be using 9i, or at the very worst 8.1.7.4.

Second you shouldn't be putting anything in the root directory of any operating system. This is a recipe for disaster.

But what the error message is telling you is that one or more rows of the .DAT file is not complete.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu