Re: Complex ORDER BY clauses

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:47:33 -0500

Jonathan,

Your solution is identical to the one I posted earlier -- thanks for the additional comments.

Daniel,

In your earlier post your ORDER BY only included the DECODE expression, it did not include the secondary sort expression, which is why it would fail depending on the physical or retrieval order of the rows that got classed as sort type '99'.

As we used to say "4 eyes are better than 2" -- but if we take into contacts into consideration I guess it's 8 eyes are better than 4.